Pre-planning your home theater’s construction is an important step that can make the finished product really shine. Create a design layout to help you plan and place infrastructure like wiring, lighting, seating and soundproofing to make sure that your finished basement theater is the perfect environment for kicking back and relaxing. Here are a few considerations offered by Abe Degnan of Degnan, Design, Build, Remodel:
- Tune The Room – acoustics!
- Determine Infrastructure Needs – choosing and placing TV & sound
- Don’t Forget The Lighting – a key element
- Seating for optimal viewing
- Add A Gas Fireplace – create some drama and enjoy the space year-round
- Stay Connected – one device to control A/V, sound, lights